Thursday, August 24, 2017

I don't know what crackers are made of
Flour, I guess?
Flour and salt?
"Seasonings."

I don't know what makes things good or bad
Flowers and salt
Flowers don't taste good
These flowers aren't making me thirsty

Sometimes bad happens
Sometimes a bunch
And sometimes there's good
And sometimes there's crackers
Or biscuits or foods that I don't know how to properly pronounce
Sometimes food can be food
Good can be good
Things can be things

Sometimes you begin to write a poem about crackers and it ends up mostly not being about crackers
Sometimes crackers are a metaphor
Sometimes you should look up what makes a strong metaphor versus a weak metaphor
Sometimes you shrug and say "accept my joy as it is, muddled and quiet and half-not-functional and I'm sure I can tie it back to my thesis statement given more time"

Crackers? For breakfast?
No that's not tying it back
But I also had something about not being a cracker artisan, and so it wasn't crucial that I know what makes up a cracker
Which tied it up more, but felt dumb

Anyway what's up with weird tiny hard bread amirite

1 comment: